WORK FOR US!
Dayton Nursery employees should be friendly, energetic, courteous and perform well in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must also possess the ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions and bear the physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise. Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
Knowledge of gardening, plant species, equpiment operation and landscape design are plus but not necessary for cashier, customer service and general labor positions. Candidates for sales positions must have prior knowledge of plant species including trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals and lawns, pest and disease control and landscape design is a plus. Additional training will be provided.
Clean driving record a plus.
Compensastion is based on experience.
SEE BELOW FOR ONLINE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
NOW HIRING - Nursery Greenhouse Labor
If you are looking for a position with variety, this one is for you. This position includes a wide array of jobs including but not limited to potting, trimming, and moving plants; customer sales; cleaning; tagging; as well as being trained on all equipment including loader, fork lift, and RTVs.
Starting approximately the week of October 1st and continuing to December 24th with a layoff period until February 10th.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and lift heavy objects with reasonable accommodation and perform tasks that may require prolonged standing and sitting.
- The candidate must also possess the ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions and bear the physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Weekly hourly pay. Pay rate dependent on experience.
- One-week paid vacation after 1 year of service. Two weeks paid vacation after 2 years.
- Health insurance provided.
- Retirement plan provided after two years of employment.
- Ability to earn extra half days with pay for every month of good attendance within the standards of the company or award of the best new idea program.
- Participate in the sales driven bonus program after 2 years of service.
- Drug Free Workplace Program for employee safety
- Flexible work hours
Dayton Nursery is a DRUG-FREE & SMOKE-FREE workplace.