|Soil Conditioners &
**please note that the information provided
below is specific to Ohio (zone 5)
Questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions below...
||Fast Acting Iron Plus
Super Green Gardens
- Can help to keep plants and gardens lush and green all season.
- Iron is important to plant enzymes and proteins involved in
growing vibrant green foliage
- Non-staining formula
- Maximize response to fertilizer
- Turn yellow leaves to green
- Heartier fruit
- Better flowers
- Greener shrubs
- A must to green up Azaleas
- Ironite can be used on lawns, flowers, shrubs, vegetables, and
trees for a quick and long-lasting green.
- Will not burn!
- Available in both granular and liquid form
- This product is mainly used when you notice yellowing of the
leaves. When you supply iron to the soil, the plant will soon
be able to produce chlorophyll.
- If a plant has suffered an insect attack and you do not want to
promote growth (summer months), then Ironite would be recommended.
- Adjusts soil
pH so plants can get the most from nutrients present.
- General: It is
always recommended that you do a soil analysis to ensure the proper
rate of application.
||Fast Acting Lime Plus
Acting Lime™ was created to solve a recurring consumer problem, the
need to quickly and effectively raise soil pH.
- A combination of high-grade, finely ground lime, Advanced Soil
Technology™, (AST™) and Movement Control TechnologyTM (MCTTM), which
provide Fast Acting Lime™ unmatched capability in performance.
uniform prill size that dissolves quickly and provides uniform
raising soil pH immediately
||Triple Super Phosphate
- Having trouble getting your plants to bloom?
This product is recommended for application on plants that have a
lack of bloom power.
- Apply as the first fertilizer application in
- Good for plants such as Wisteria, Hydrangeas
and Butterfly Bush.
- An enriched
source of phosphorus; helps stimulate root development and aids in
fruit and flower formation; easy to apply granular form; ideal for
lawns, trees, shrubs, and vegetables.
- A very safe, slow-release organic fertilizer to use if your
primary concerns are top growth and deep green color.
- This product can also be used as an organic animal repellent.
- Bone Meal is a 0-10-0 slow release organic fertilizer that is
ideal for developing roots and creating a strong root system.
- Recommended as a starter fertilizer for almost any plant.
But, works best for developing roots in spring flowering bulbs such
as tulips and daffodils. You can incorporate bone meal into
each planting hole or broadcast over the entire bulb bed and watered
- The "Rose Lady's" recommendation as a soil additive when
- This is best used if you need to lower the soil's pH.
- We recommend this product only for Hydrangeas.
Aluminum Sulphate will turn Hydrangea flowers blue or will turn pink
Hydrangeas a darker purple color.
- This product is not recommended for blueberries as
blueberries need to be fertilized with a phosphate fertilizer to
bear fruit. The phosphate has a tendency to "tie-up" aluminum
in the plant making this toxic to the plant after repeated
Plus AST™ corrects excess alkalinity in a soil and helps create the
acid soil conditions in which many ornamental and vegetable plants
Beneficial uses include turning hydrangeas blue and producing larger
vegetables and fruits.
Gypsum is ground Calcium Sulphate which is used in calcium
- Best used to loosen clay soils and improve aeration as it breaks
up clay particles and creates more pore space.
- Bears the ability to remove harmful salts from the soil without
raising the pH.
- If using on a lawn, be sure to get a soil test first to
determine amount of gypsum needed.
- For organic gardening.
- Also available in large 40 pound bags (shown above, right)
||Fast Acting Gypsum Plus
combined finely ground dihydrate gypsum with their AST™, Advanced
Soil Technology™ and MCT™, Movement Control TechnologyTM, creating
Gypsum Plus AST™.
Natures Aerator™ … by adding gypsum to clay soil the problems of
soil compaction and runoff are lessened.
helps plants absorb nutrients and helps earthworms to flourish that
in turn provide additional soil aeration.
In any type
of soil, Gypsum Plus AST™ binds to other plant nutrients while also
conditioning soil by increasing water penetration and reducing
Frequently Asked Questions:
The leaves on my plants are turning yellow, what
should I use?
After determining that insects and disease are not the cause, apply
Ironite to supplement the soil with much needed iron.
My soil is very heavy clay, is there anything I
can use to break it up?
Apply Garden Gypsum to heavy clay soils to break up the soil and
improve aeration. If using on the lawn, be sure to get a soil
test and wait for the analysis before applying.
Everyone tells me to apply lime to my lawn and
garden, is this necessary?
Sometimes this is necessary to improve soil pH. But, we
recommend that you get a soil test and wait for the analysis before
I'm having trouble getting my Hydrangeas to
bloom, do you have any suggestions?
The main cause for Hydrangeas not blooming is trimming at the wrong
time. However, if it has been determined that this is not the
cause, apply Triple Super Phosphate as directed. Phosphorus
will increase the plant's ability to bloom. This is also
recommended for plants such as Butterfly Bush or Wisteria that are
known not to bloom.
Should I add anything to the soil when planting
spring flowering bulbs?
Bone Meal is recommended to develop deep roots on bulbs such as
tulips, daffodils, crocus and hyacinths.